Sliquid Naturals H2O
Sliquid Naturals H20 is the base for the entire Naturals water based line. They simply made a few tweaks to the formula to create the other Naturals hoping to appeal to a larger audience. H2O has a very short list of only 4 ingredients and water. Sliquid got all crunchy granola on the ingredients naming, so here are the more commonly used names and purposes of the ingredients.
- Purified Water is just water.
- Plant Cellulose (Hydroxyethyl cellulose) is the thickening agent.
- Cyamopsis tetragonoloba is the botanical name of the Guar Plant. Guar Gum is a thickener known for its water retention properties.
- Potassium Sorbate is a preservative.
- Citric Acid is a weak acid found in citrus fruits is a preservative and pH adjuster.
I have not had a negative skin reaction to any of the Sliquids I have tried, so I suppose keeping the ingredients list simple and natural works for both Sliquid and me. Naturals has already become my favorite water based lube and I have only used a few pillow packs! I’m not a chemist, but I think it is the Guar Gum that pushes Sliquid over the top for me. If you take a look at my review of Licx, you will see that their gel lube has very similar ingredients, except the Guar Gum. I’m going out on a limb and calling it the reason I like the texture more.
Ingredients: exactly the same as Sliquid Naturals H20!
So why is this a different lube? It’s a great demonstration of how meaningless product labels are as recipes; because they do not give amounts. A perfectly good product could get a bad rap for using just a minute amount of a questionable material. However if you are the person with an allergy to that material, you don’t care how small the amount is, you just want to know it is in there.
Sliquid simply increased the amount cellulose in the blend to give Sassy increased viscosity. S”ass“y, surely you didn’t miss that one! Sassy is thicker so clings and stays in place a little longer than H2O.
Sliquid Naturals Silver is a blend of three pharmaceutical grade silicone products. I tried Silver anally. Who wouldn’t? Silver is way beyond slippery. A very tiny amount is enough to keep going for a long time with Silver. Silver cleans of easily with soap and water.
Sliquid Naturals Silver Ingredients:
- Dimethicone, also known as polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS), is a silicone oil with distinctive properties that make it a useful ingredient in many skin and cosmetics products .
- Dimethiconol, very similar to Dimethicone, is a viscosity increasing agent anti foaming anti-static.
- Cyclopentasiloxane is a Slip Agent and Emollients.
When I tried Sea, not really knowing which lube he had picked up, the first words out of my mouth were, “This one smells like the ocean.” Aside from the smell, the lube experience was identical. The smell I immediately latched onto is seaweed! Nori is one of my favorite foods, no wonder I recognized the smell. For this version, Sliquid added three ingredients to the basic H20.
- Carrageenan, a red seaweed extract, is for gelling, thickening, and stabilizing.
- Wakame is an edible seaweed I occasionally use in salad.
- Nori, dried seaweed sheet, is for making sushi and Sliquid.
Silk is a water and silicone blend. Sliquid started with some of the H20 lubricant ingredients as a base and blended in silicone oils to try to give you the best of both worlds. Silk is a smooth as silk and has a thicker texture than the water only lubes. I am always super impressed with how little silicone lube is needed and how long it lasts.
Sliquid Naturals Silk Ingredients:
- Isopropyl Palmitate,
- Polysorbate 20,
- Emollient Ester
- Potassium Sorbate,
- Citric Acid
This one is not intended specifically for sex. Sliquid is marketing it as a daily use moisturizer for women. Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, & Carrageenan are the tweaks Sliquid slipped in on Satin. It is recommended for those who suffer vagina dryness due to age or hormonal issues. I’m not certain about the daily dryness, but I can tell you it’s great lubricant!
- From H20: Purified Water, Plant Cellulose (from Cotton), Cyamopsis (Guar Conditioners), Potassium Sorbate, & Citric Acid
- Carrageenan is a thickener extracted from red seaweed.
- Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) is an ingredient in many products, however there is little scientific evidence of the efficacy or safety of Aloe Vera for either cosmetic or medicinal purposes.
- Natural Tocopherols (Vitamin E) is a fat-soluble vitamin with antioxidant properties required for many processes in the body.
Reviewed by: Tried.It Online
Posted on June 28, 2016, in From The Mouths of Experts - Toy Reviews and tagged adult toys, brand name, couples, customer picks, dating, favorites, highlights, intimacy, lingerie, low prices, lube, lubes, married, men, product highlights, recommendations, relationship, single, sliquid, variety pack, water based lubricant, water lubricant, women. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.