Self-Pleasure – Stress Relief In Your Hands (Pun Intended)
It isn’t shocking to hear that people are beginning to view masturbation as a normal pleasurable act (instead of a taboo under the covers, lights out, doors locked excursion that it was in the past).
What is Masturbation? Simply put – it is the act of self-sexual pleasure. It has casually become part of our daily lives. Whether we knock one off before we start our day, lengthen our showers just a little longer to promote a “stress free” morning, or end our day with our favorite toy, movie, or stimulate. Online retailers are taking full advantage! While the options are limitless to what the imagination can create, the age old favorite for many is your good friend to the right and left (your hands!) It is still the ultimate tool used to pleasure one’s self sexually.
So why masturbate? Well, there are a few pros and cons to it. The quest is finding a balance.
- It cost you nothing to perform. You do not have to create a rapport with someone you’re attracted to just to have sex.
- It is great stress relief. Obviously, no one wants to be stressed out but when we do, this is a favorite “go to”.
- It is pleasurable. If you masturbate the right way with the right conditions, you’re sure to feel like you’ve just had a great sex!
- For men, it does have some medical advantages (when done in moderation). You have more fresh sperms being produce, reducing the risk of prostate issues (among others).
- It makes you aware of your sexuality. This helps you to know what turns you on and off. How and what makes one climax.
- For some, it may lower their confidence level due to the guilt/shame they correlate with it.
- Over masturbation can have psychological effects. Socializing may become difficult. It may make one distant from people and easily distracted. It may also create erotic imagery. Most things may begin to look erotic at first glance, leaving you restless.
- There is a possibility of a depletion of energy. Again, this is more for those who excessively masturbate.
- Over masturbating may cause difficulty in becoming erotic and/or climaxing due to “overusages”.
The biggest problem and challenge of self-pleasure is addiction (it feels good – why wouldn’t you want to do it all the time!) As with all things, moderation is key. There is no ideal number or frequency as we are all different. Some recommend once a day or 3-4 times a week. The frequency will always remain in your control but if you notice the cons beginning to outweigh the pros, you may want to cut back a little.
Posted on June 15, 2016, in Intimacy Tips and tagged adult toys, brand name, climax, couples, customer picks, dating, favorites, highlights, intimacy, lingerie, low prices, married, masturbation, men, orgasm, over doing it, overusage, product highlights, recommendations, relationship, self pleasure, single, stimulate, women. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.